Pflugerville Driving School has been approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety to conduct the Driver License Test. Successful completion of the License Test will enable the applicant to receive a Texas Driver License. This test is not a part of the driver education course and will be conducted by appointment only, at a charge of $150 SAME DAY OR $100 WEEKDAYS (cash, credit card, or check) and this must be paid in full prior to testing. The Test may be given to only those applicants that meet the State’s requirements listed below:
Now offering Saturday appointments $150 CALL 512 670-9900 to schedule!
- Applicants must have completed a T.E.A. approved Driver Education course, and received a Driver Education Certificate (DE-964), OR a Parent Taught Drivers Education Certificate ALONG WITH a DL-90A: Classroom Instruction affidavit and DL-908: Behind the wheel driving affidavit (from the parent taught packet). If the student completed Parent Taught Program or Online, we recommend to bring all the paperwork to the Driving School before making an appointment to test.
- Applicants must have held a valid permit for at least 6 months.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Completed 30 hour behind the wheel driving log (parent that completed the log must also sign the bottom of the DE-964 or parent taught driver’s education certificate).
- Applicants must have completed an Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) course, and received a signed certificate of completion.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, they must have a valid Verification of Enrollment (VOE) from their current high school. If the applicant is 18 or older and has already graduated High School, we require their Diploma.
- The applicant must have proof of insurance on the vehicle being used for testing. Please Note: The applicant does NOT have to be a former Pflugerville Driving School student, as long as they meet the requirements listed above, they can test at our location. The Driver License Test will be conducted by a State Certified Examiner. The test will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The driver will be testing with their own vehicle
- . Pflugerville Students Only
- If needed, the driver may use a Pflugerville Driving School vehicle for an additional charge of $30. The applicant must make payment before an appointment can be made, and the cost is $50 for the first test, and $30 for a retake (cash, credit card, or checks). On the Test day, the applicant must bring all the items listed above along with eye wear (if required) and the valid permit. Absolutely NO PHOTOCOPIES of any of these documents will be accepted. The Test cannot be conducted without this documentation.
Important Note: This is only the TEST for the driver license. Pflugerville Driving School does NOT issue the actual driver license card. The applicant will still have to appear in person at a Department of Public Safety Office location, in order to receive their actual driver license.
- Fees: $100 ($50 for Pflugerville Driving School students who have attended our 32 hour course and $30 for retakes)
- Retakes: $50
- Applicants 18-24 years of age must have completed a T.E.A. approved Adult Driver Education course (6 hour), received a Driver Education Certificate [ADE form] and has gone to the DPS to receive a valid permit.
- Applicants must have completed an Impact Texas Young Driver (ITYD) course, and received a signed certificate of completion.
- If the applicant is in high school, they must have a valid Verification of Enrollment [VOE] from their current high school.
- The applicant must have proof of insurance on the vehicle being used for testing.
- Fees: $100
- Retakes: $50
Adults 25 or Older
- Must have a restricted driverâ€™s license
- Must have completed an Impact Texas Young Driver (ITYD) course, and received a signed certificate of completion.
- Fees: $100
- Retakes: $50
All testing will take place at the Pflugerville Driving School location. Dates and times will be determined by the examiner. Please call the Pflugerville Driving School at 512 670-9900 to schedule a road test.
Note: All road tests will be performed with the applicant’s personal vehicle. Pflugerville Driving School Students Only: Use of Pflugerville Driving School vehicle is allowed at the expense of +30$.
Note: We are currently working on an online calendar that will allow for scheduling road tests online. To be released…